Tuesday 15 March 2016

Shoot 3 - Friendship and Attachment - Work Record

Date: 15/03/16

Plans for shoot:
For this shoot I will capture friendship and attachment by photographing two friends. I will shoot them together having a good time and hugging, laughing and holding hands.

What I hope to achieve:
In this shoot I want to achieve a sense of friendship and attachment through the two friends displaying various related emotions, like happiness, joy, comfort, togetherness, and love.

What I actually achieved:
During this shoot, I managed to capture various pictures where the two girls naturally showed their friendship. I found that I didn't have to tell them how to pose very much, so not a lot of my pictures were staged because of the fact that they truly did have a very good and happy friendship that how they naturally acted, made good pictures for me. I found this was especially true in pictures where they were laughing together. I also got pictures of them hugging and holding hands and having their arms around each other. I found this to be quite an easy and fast paced shoot because of the fact that I didn't have to tell them how to pose or look because they had a genuine friendship which was a benefit to me.
This picture shows the two girls looking at each other and smiling. I have edited it and put a slight cooling filter on it and also manipulated the colours to make the cool undertones stronger like the magenta and cyan. I think this has quite a hie effect on the picture and makes it look quite futuristic and modern. I think it also looks very colourful considering the blue background that I used in the studio, I increased the saturation and vibrance to make the colours stand out more, I think this helps to portray the happiness and joy they share.
This picture shows them holding hands. I only got there bodies as a pose to their faces because I wanted all the focus to be on their hands. I like how this represents togetherness and attachment in their relationship. I made it black and white and increased the contrast in this picture. This helped to make the tonal contrast. I think this contrast works well with this picture because of the way the girl on the right has short sleeves so her skin on her arm is highlighted, and the girl on the left is wearing a dark hoodie on so it shows much darker tones so both their arms show both the lightest and darkest tones in the picture and then I like the way that they come together as they are holding hands.


What I am doing next:
Next I am going to develop my idea of anxiety's that I explored in shoot 2. I will do this by expanding on the idea of hiding yourself and feeling insecure. Therefore my next shoot will be called 'Hiding'. This is because in shoot 2, my favourite pictures were the ones where the model was hiding her face with her hands. So I will focus my next shoot on pictures like this and come up with new ways I can portray that same idea. I think this will work better than expanding on the idea of friendship and happiness, because while this shoot was very genuine, I think it is easier to get pictures that show suffering that look very real and unstaged. This has been shown through my previous two shoots as I think they worked better than this shoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment