Friday 25 March 2016

Shoot 10 - Distortion - Work Record

Date: 14/04/16

Plans for shoot:
In this shoot I will take normal portrait pictures and I will edit them in photoshop and then print them out and use various physical experiments on the best ones. These experiments I will try and do so they distort the portraits to develop my theme of how mental illness causes the people suffering to loose insight on who they are, hence a distorted view of their identity.

What I wish to achieve:
I wish to get pictures that I can effectively manipulate in various ways to distort the models face.

What I actually achieved:
I completed three physical experiments and therefore three straight images, all of which were black and white portraits of a friend of mine.
This one shows how I have printed one image and then I printed off another portrait but bigger and more zoomed in on her face. I then tore up two sections of the larger portrait and stuck them onto the original picture. I like how this adds a more disjointed effect to the picture as it separates areas of her face out. I also like the ripped effect of the added on areas as it makes it look quite messy and rough which reflects the mental illness in a subtle way; as sufferers feel as if their mind is being ripped apart.



No comments:

Post a Comment