Thursday 10 March 2016

Shoot 2 - Anxiety's and Lonlieness - Work Record

Date: 09/03/16

Plans for shoot:
For this shoot I want to capture portraits of a model that portray the emotions of loneliness and anxieties. I will do this by getting pictures of her in an empty bed and portraiture of her crying.

What I hope to achieve:
I hope to achieve pictures that have a deep emotional root that strikes the reader to feel the position that the model is in and has a big impact.

What I achieved:
For this shoot, I focused on different emotions of anxieties and loneliness. To capture these emotions, I focused on portraiture and wanted to get pictures where the model looked genuinely distraught and capture the look of them being over powered by there inner anxieties. To capture loneliness, I wanted the model to look isolated and as if they were missing someone or something, leaving them to feel incomplete and alone.

Here are some examples of the pictures that represented loneliness:

In the two above, as you can see, she is laying alone in a double bed, she is reaching her arms out to the empty side of the bed and she is looking out into empty space. With these pictures I wanted to create the connotations that she is missing a loved one who is no longer with her; she is reaching out to the space they used to lay. To help create this emotion, I edited both of them to bring out the dark tones in the pictures to add a grungy vibe and I also lowered the saturation and vibrance of the colours. Muting the colours in this way, I think makes the picture have a serious connotation.

With this picture, it shows her loneliness through isolation. In this picture I wanted to capture more of an inner feeling of being alone; feeling isolated in your own mind even though you may have friends and family, sometimes people can still feel like no one is truly there for them. The denotation of her having her head buried and her arms are hugging her knees, to me, portrays how she doesn't want to reach out to anyone as she feels like their is no one to reach out to, as if she is trapped inside her own thoughts.


Here are some examples of pictures that represented anxieties:
I wanted this picture to have a hidden representation of anxieties starting from the individual who suffers from them. The fact that she has her hands hiding her face and the fact that I edited them to be bright red against the black and white background, portrays how sometimes, the anxieties people have, start from within them and they personally are the reason for their own sufferings. I made them bright red to show how this is an unknown and possibly evil part of them that they want to escape; they want to escape themselves.

This picture shows the model sitting and hugging her knees in a bath. I wanted to portray how some people are vulnerable to their anxieties, through her being in a physically vulnerable state. Also she has a very serious and thoughtful expression to help portray this.



What I am going to do next:
For my next shoot I want to explore a completely different emotion / opinion to mu previous two shoots, then I will develop one of the emotions I have explored further in my future shoots and make that a focused direction. I will base this decision on which shoot went the best and which pictures came out best. The emotion I will explore in my next shoot will be friendship and attachment.




No comments:

Post a Comment