Tuesday 9 February 2016

Discussion Post

For my exam I will be looking at option 1 'Personal Opinions'.
The main idea I have for my project is to look into documentary photography and within this, capturing characteristics, feelings, and emotions of people and their life. I will do this through careful consideration of background, location, style, and the person and their positions. I think this is well suited to my skills and interests as I enjoy portraiture and documentary the most in photography.
More specifically I will look into conceptual photography. This involves including concept and message behind each picture; every aspect of the picture represents a part of this message. The concept varies in how obvious it is to everyone. Conceptual photography as a whole, doesn't have to be portrait based, however, I will focus mine on portraiture, therefore combining it with the documentry underlying theme. Furthermore, I am very interested in quite eery, sinister and slightly surreal photography. This is the style I will aim to stay with. I can achieve this by choosing appropriate locations, and editing the pictures accordingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment